We are living in a digital world and there is a new breed of entrepreneur, namely the digital nomad; a person who makes their living on the Internet, which allows a person to live anywhere that has an Internet connection and go about their business.
Here are a few of the reasons why digital nomads choose Thailand.
- Low cost of living – Probably the biggest influence that draws people to Thailand is the low cost of living, with a high standard of life. Use a top real estate agent such as https://www.bwpbayphere.com/th/, where you can view a wide range of quality properties. For a few hundred dollars a month, you can live in a luxury condo complex, complete with swimming pool and fitness centre. High-speed Wi-Fi is standard in such a development and there would be restaurants and convenience stores.
- High-speed Internet – Thailand has better IT infrastructure than most developed countries and you can have an unlimited data package for $15 a month. There are a number of Thai ISPs, including DTAC, True, BBB and AIS and they all offer a range of packages that are inexpensive. 5G is being rolled out, which will bring 10x data transfer speeds and that makes everything much easier.
- Climate – Ask any digital nomad why they love Thailand and they’ll probably tell you the weather. A tropical climate with a rainy season attracts people from Europe and the US and even in the winter, temperatures rarely fall below 18C. Thai winters start in November and end the following February, then comes the summer, from March to May, with very high humidity; the rainy season runs from June to October. Click here for tips to boost employee retention.
- Luxury lifestyle – With such a low cost of living, you can enjoy a luxury lifestyle living in a tropical paradise; why not rent a pool villa in Phuket and enjoy life? Rental prices drop in low season and many digital nomads own pool villas and they leave for Vietnam when high season comes along and they rent their home out. The roads in Thailand are great; you can buy a big bike and tour the country and with affordable accommodation everywhere, there’s nothing to stop you from touring the entire country.
- Colourful culture – The Thai culture is a big attraction; the Thai people are warm and inviting to foreigners and for many expats, this is the number one reasons they choose to live in Thailand. There are many colourful festivals throughout the year, such as Songkran, which is the Thai New Year, Loy Krathong, which is a light and water festival, plus several Buddhist days that the people celebrate at the temples.
If you are thinking about relocating to Thailand, check out the Tourism Authority of Thailand website, where you will find a wealth of information to help you plan your trip. One thing is for sure, you will meet many expats who are enjoying life in this unique nation.